The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force will host the 2012 National Conference on LGBT Equality: Creating Change on January 25-29 in Baltimore, MD. To register or volunteer, visit the conference website.
The conference schedule sports an impressive selection of sessions on advocacy, movement-building, diversity, health, crime, and a range of other issues. Also, the conference will offer several workshops of interest to observers of the Religious Right.
- Language Matters: Why We Should Stop Saying 'Abomination' and 'Sodomy
- When Anti-Gay Protesters Come To Campus
- Using Peacekeepers to Oppose Spiritual Violence
- Stacking the Deck: Why Conservatives Are Starting to Win in the Courts and What We Can do About It
Finally, the Practice Spirit, Do Justice initiative will offer a plethora of workshops on LGBT issues and faith, including ways to engage in constructive dialogue with Christians.
- Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself: How to Start a Productive dialogue between LGBTQ activists and Evangelical Christians on a College Campus
- Powerful Voices: Leading the Way to the Liberating Jesus
- Auburn Media Toolkit: How to Talk to Conflicted Christians about LGBT issues
- God vs. Gay? The Religious Case for Equality