|2012 also afforded me time to fiddle with oil paints.|
Before we bid adieu to 2012, I'd like to highlight some of the regional events I attended in person this year. Some were unsettling Religious Right gatherings, while others were refreshing opportunities to learn and recharge.
(1) On September 22nd, I observed Exodus International's Love Won Out Conference at the West Shore Evangelical Free Church in Mechanicsburg, PA.
(2) On August 28th, I observed an Exodus International equipping event for service providers at the West Shore Evangelical Free Church in Mechanicsburg, PA.
(3) On June 30th, I attended 2012 Creation Northeast, an annual Christian music and culture festival at Agape Farm in Mount Union, PA. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found!
(4) While enjoying the food, music, and vendors at 2012 Harrisburg Pride at Riverfront Park in Harrisburg, PA, I witness several Christian "faith healers" in action.
(5) On January 27th, I volunteered at the fantastic 2012 Creating Change Conference in Baltimore, MD, hosted by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
I'd like to thank all of Republic of Gilead's readers, for whom this blog is a labor of love. Thank you all for reading, commenting on, and sharing these blog posts. Let's continue to keep a wary eye on the Religious Right together!