Monday, March 23, 2015

News Tidbits

New York Times: Ted Cruz Hopes Early Campaign Entry Will Focus Voters’ Attention 

Los Angeles Times: Ted Cruz courts young evangelicals for uphill presidential bid

Pink News: Anti-gay Republican Ted Cruz pledges to ‘uphold the sacrament of marriage’ while launching Presidential bid

Washington Post: Virginia’s Liberty University: A mega-college and Republican presidential stage

The Guardian: New Rick Perry hire sent email saying children's lives would be harmed by female president

Huffington Post: Bob Jones III Apologizes For Saying Gays Should Be Stoned To Death

LGBTQ Nation: Groups for, against LGBT rights stage dueling rallies at Texas state capitol

Omaha World-Herald: Incoming State Patrol superintendent criticized for religion at work

KCRA 3: Can California ballot proposal legalizing killing of gays be stopped?



6 comments:

  1. While the fact that he is even a member of the US Senate - much less potentially our next president - is disturbing, I imagine Ted Cruz will provide bloggers like you and me with tons of material in the coming months. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna -- I'm sure of it. He's a gold mine of right-wing rhetoric.

      I caught a little bit of Cruz' appearance on Fox News last night, and all he did was spit out right-wing buzzwords and empty rhetoric.

      Delete
  2. I don't follow politics that much - I should, but I don't. I just brace myself for the onslaught of news stories, debates, and the like. I'll enjoy reading your blog and Donna's to keep me informed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted Cruz has delusions of grandeur. Even the Republicans I know see him as too extreme. I predict a primary implosion of delightful proportions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agi Tater -- Pass the popcorn! This will be fun.

      I have no idea where Cruz got the idea that he would be a viable candidate. Liberals (and many moderates) will shun him, and he lacks the ability to unite the GOP against the Democrats in the 2016 election.

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation. Threatening, violent, or bigoted comments will not be published.